Looking for a secret tattoo, one that you don’t want the world to know about? Here are some great ideas for where to put a secret tattoo on your body and popular secret tattoo design ideas. Shhhhh!
So you have decided you want a tattoo but you want to keep it a secret. Maybe you already have visible tattoos, but this next one, for special reasons you don’t want to share with the world. Here are some ideas that will help you.
Secret Tattoo Design Ideas
First, your tattoo will have to be small to there is less chance of it being seen. Some great tattoo designs ideas that work well for small tattoos include the following: stars, angels, butterflies, hearts, flowers, dolphins, sun or crescent moon, or a short phrase that holds special meaning.
Ideas to stay away from because they can get too big and are harder to hide include: wings, anything with a vine, chains, shooting stars.
Secret Tattoo Locations
Here are some popular locations for a tattoo you want to be kept a secret:
Keep in mind a secret tattoo need not be completely hidden. There are different degrees of being secret with locations. A tattoo on the arm is definitely not secret. But a tattoo that has to be searched for and can be found, will still have a feeling of secrecy for the right reasons.
- The back of the neck just below the hair line works well, especially if you wear long hair.
- A small tattoo tucked up as far as possible underneath the ear lobe.
- Anywhere in the front or back of the pelvic or buttocks area where a bathing suit bottom would still provide cover.
- On the lower breast area where a bra or bikini top would keep secret cover.
- We have even seen some people that have the inside of a lip tattooed. Ouch!
- A small tattoo on the inside of the wrist can be a secret tattoo, but you have to think about how you will keep it covered like with a watch or something similar.
- For those that have a high threshold for pain – a great place for a tattoo you don’t want anyone to know about is the bottom of the feet. Be careful with this idea, because many tattoo artists will not even attempt a tattoo here. Quite often people will find it is so uncomfortable they don’t want to continue once started. There is nothing worse than a half finished tattoo. But, if you can stand the pain, the bottom of the foot is a great spot for hidden tattoo.