Does your home look tired and need an update? Look to modern design tips and ideas to create a clean look and feel in your home.
Renovating a home is one of the easiest ways to introduce your personal style and design elements into a room. It is the chance to create a unique space that flaunts your personality differently. There are many reliable online stores you can turn to for fresh new decor pieces and furniture to brighten up your home. If you are looking for a trendy way to light your home, consider using led lighting decoration to highlight certain areas of your home to create a funky look. Click on the links to learn more about the value of online shopping and how lighting can update your home.
How can I update my home to give it a more modern feel?
Follow our best tips on how to give your home a modern feel through design changes that will brighten up even the bleakest of spaces.
- Replace old lighting fixtures with sleek, minimalist lighting sources that will add depth and character to your home. For bathrooms and kitchens, use downlights to create a well-lit, clean design effect. Use floor lamps and interesting all sconces to create a brand-new room.
- Brighten up a room with colorful decor pieces like a fluffy rug, or a funky geometric printed scatter cushion to bring some well-needed color to an otherwise plain room. While modern homes follow minimalistic design trends of clean white spaces, color is used to bring personality to the room.
- Freshen up your walls with a lick of fresh paint. A different yet popular way of introducing color to a room is to paint one wall a different color to the rest of the room, creating a focal point. If neutrals are more your cup of tea, paint the one wall in a darker shade of gray to bring depth to your room. Decorate this wall with quirky framed pictures and art pieces.
- Remove carpeting and replace with laminate flooring. The Scandinavian design trend that is popular in countries like Denmark and Norway focuses on clean, open spaces with neutral floors and walls, and a focus on decor to bring color to the room. Laminate floors are durable and easy to clean and can make a room feel bigger.
- Remove Clutter. Look around the room and identify items you do not need. Focus on the most important furniture pieces that are essential to the function of the room and get rid of the rest. Less clutter creates a cleaner room, and a more minimalistic approach is achieved.
- Update the exterior of your home by giving your front door a new modern look. Choose brightly colored paint to create a charming effect and bring life to your home. Think red, green, yellow, and shades of blue. Use weatherproof paint that will last through winter and the rainy seasons.
- The last item on our list is quite a substantial change but can have the biggest effect. Evaluate the interior of your home and remove a wall to create an open-plan living space between your den and your dining room. Open spaces create a more modern feel and can make the home seem more inviting. Gone are the days where we needed separate rooms for everything. Break down those walls and open your home.